Building robust data strategies for a Social Housing client
One of the UK's largest social housing providers recently engaged us to help them with their data strategy. Offering more than 28,000 homes, ranging from affordable social housing through to private rentals, they needed a robust framework which included configuring their Data Governance and Data Quality platforms, defining and monitoring their critical data elements and developing governance, controls and lineage.
Our client is one of the UK's largest social housing providers offering more than 28,000 homes, ranging from affordable social housing through to private rentals. DTSQUARED were engaged to:
- Stand-up and configure Data Governance and Data Quality platforms
- Define “critical data elements” across two initial use cases and develop governance, controls and lineage
- Implement systemic monitoring on “critical” data elements in the organisation
In order to deliver the client objectives we undertook the following activities:
- Installed, configured and developed the platforms with bespoke workflows and APIs to meet requirements
- Trained staff on broad data management principals well as product specific education
Supported the team (ICT and Business) to satisfy all the use case requirements
- Installed the necessary expertise within the organisation so they could work on subsequent use cases independently
As a result of our engagement, our clients were able to demonstrate to their board how their key data used in regulatory reports was governed.
This included being able to trace data from source to report and being able to provide confidence about the quality that was being used.
Staff were skilled to sufficiently take forward the ongoing development of the data strategy within the organisation and to deliver other use cases without additional support.